On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 01:00:42AM -0700, Mason Chen wrote:
> Hi ChangZhou,
>
> The warning log indicates that the metric was previously defined and so the
> runtime is handling the "duplicate" metric by ignoring it. This is
> typically a benign message unless you rely on this metric. Is it possible
> that you are using the same task name for different tasks? It would be
> defined by the `.name(...)` API in your job graph instantiation.
>
> Can you clarify what it means that your endpoint isn't working--some
> metrics missing, endpoint is timing out, etc.? Also, can you confirm from
> logs that the PrometheusReporter was created properly?

Endpoint isn't working means we got empty reply from Prometheus
endpoint. The following is our testing for taskmanager Prometheus
endpoint.

    curl localhost:9249
    curl: (52) Empty reply from server

We have the following log in taskmanager, so PrometheusReporter was
created properly.

    2022-05-03 01:48:16,678 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration           [] - Loading
configuration property: metrics.reporter.prom.class,
org.apache.flink.metrics.prometheus.PrometheusReporter
    2022-05-03 01:48:23,665 INFO
org.apache.flink.metrics.prometheus.PrometheusReporter       [] - Started
PrometheusReporter HTTP server on port 9249.
    2022-05-03 01:48:23,669 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.metrics.MetricRegistryImpl          [] - Reporting
metrics for reporter prom of type
org.apache.flink.metrics.prometheus.PrometheusReporter.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debian}.org
http://czchen.info/