I have a question regarding Flink SQL, which I'm lately getting into. So
far, my experience is with the DataStream API mostly. In that context, it's
easy for me to generate metrics for my operators. However, I'm just
wondering which level of control there is regarding monitoring & metrics
when working with Flink SQL. Is it possible to define "metrics for your
queries"? Whatever that means and assuming that it makes any sense
:laughing:. At least I should be able to generate typical metrics for
common connectors, e.g., messages read/produced & things like accumulated
lag for the case of the kafka connector, to put an example. Sorry for the
vagueness, but I could not find a section for metrics & monitoring within
the Flink SQL docs.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Salva