Say we have two partitions A and B. A is the partition which is not
receiving any events, but B is seeing events and processing normally.
Now, because A is not having any events, with no Watermarking
strategy, it is holding the watermark back as described in the docs.
Now, does this mean that lag on B will build up as it cannot move
forward until A starts seeing some input? This is what I can gather to
the best of my understanding.

How does this explain the situations where:
1. A single partition (out of 30) had lag increasing.
2. Nine partitions (out of 30) had lag increasing.

Will be great, if anyone can help clear this up for me.