Just to be clear, I don't think the operator must have special logic to
find out if a savepoint was used as base for an incremental checkpoint,
however, the operator logic might want to completely disable savepoint
cleanup for a deployment if the user enabled CLAIM mode for it. At least
that sounds like the safer option to me.

Regards,
Alexis.