Hey!

I think the reactive scaling is a somewhat misunderstood feature. It only
works in standalone deployments (not in Kubernetes native for instace) and
it doesn't actually provide any autoscaling functionality on its own.
You would have to implement your scaling logic yourself somehow (Kubernetes
HPA or something similar)

I suggest looking at the Flink Kubernetes Operator (
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-main/)
that will provide actual autoscaler capability for native Kubernetes
deployments.

Cheers,
Gyula