I've noticed the latest Flink is using the Kryo serializer library version
2.24.0 which is back from 2015!

The Kryo project is actively maintained, it's on version 5.4.0, so 2.24.0
is really quite ancient. I presume the concern is maintaining compatibility
with persisted savepoints. That's a valid concern, but you can't reasonably
stay on the 2015 version forever, refuse to adopt any of the updates or
fixes in the 8 years since then, and reasonably expect things to continue
to work well.

Is there any possibility a future release of Flink can upgrade to a recent
version of Kryo serialization?