Hi Steven,

As stated in the `StandaloneResourceManager` comments, the manager does not
acquire new resources and the user needs to manually start the Taskmanager
by themself.
While `ActiveResourceManager` achieves requesting or releasing resources on
demand(that's what active means) based on some resource frameworks ( like
yarn and k8s ).

As we know, different users have different environments in production, and
not all of them want to run in yarn or k8s (especially for local debugging,
Standalone Cluster is very convenient).
Therefore, Flink provides users with these two different resource managers
to deal with different usage scenarios.

Please feel free to correct me if there are any misunderstandings.

Best regards,
Yu Chen

Steven Chen <ghjsa_2...@163.com> 于2023年11月3日周五 13:28写道: