Hi, Steven

Regarding the term "active" in ActiveResourceManager, it signifies that it
is responsible for actively creating and managing TaskManager instances
based on requirements. It dynamically adjusts resources in the cluster,
starting new TaskManager instances when needed.

On the other hand, StandaloneResourceManager is not considered "active" in
the same sense as ActiveResourceManager because in standalone resource
management mode, TaskManager instances need to be manually started by an
external process and register themselves with the JobManager.

Best,
Junrui

Yu Chen <yuchen.e...@gmail.com> 于2023年11月4日周六 12:06写道: