Hi Arjun,

Yes, direct support for external configuration files within Flink
ConfigMaps is somewhat restricted. The current method involves simply
copying two local files from the operator.

Please check : FlinkConfMountDecorator#getLocalLogConfFiles()
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-kubernetes/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/kubernetes/kubeclient/decorators/FlinkConfMountDecorator.java#L180>

You can try a pod template for external configmap.

Thanks
Surendra