Hi banu,

First of all, it should be noted that the checkpoint interval does not affect
the state data live time of the window operator. The life cycle of state data
is the same as the life cycle of the tumbling window itself.
A checkpoint is a consistent snapshot of the job ( include state data and other
infomation), what it really affects is failover. The longer the checkpoint
interval is, the longer the checkpoint used during failover may be from the
current time, and the more data needs to be reprocessed. Too short a checkpoint
interval may result in excessive checkpoint overhead, so this is a trade-off.

My personal suggestion is to set the checkpoint interval to 5 minutes when
using rocksdb incremental checkpoint. You can also make your own choice based
on the impacts mentioned above.

Best regards,

Feifan Wang