The changes are in both the 1.3 RC5 and in the 1.4 trunk

On 11/29/2012 01:26 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
If I grab the last snapshot would I get these changes?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com <mailto:mohitanch...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    that's awesome!

    On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mike Percy <mpe...@apache.org
    <mailto:mpe...@apache.org>> wrote:

        Mohit,
        No problem, but Juhani did all the work. :)

        The behavior is that you can configure an HDFS sink to close a
        file if it hasn't gotten any writes in some time. After it's
        been idle for 5 minutes or something, it gets closed. If you
        get a "late" event that goes to the same path after the file
        is closed, it will just create a new file in the same path as
        usual.

        Regards,
        Mike

        On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Brock Noland

            We are currently voting on a 1.3.0 RC on the dev@ list:

            http://s.apache.org/OQ0W

            You don't have to be a committer to vote! :)

            Brock

            On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Mohit Anchlia
            wrote:
            > Thanks a lot!! Now with this what should be the expected
            behaviour? After
            > file is closed a new file is created for writes that
            come after closing the
            > file?
            >
            > Thanks again for committing this change. Do you know
            when 1.3.0 is out? I am
            > currently using the snapshot version of 1.3.0
            >
            > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Mike Percy
            <mpe...@apache.org <mailto:mpe...@apache.org>> wrote:

            >> Mohit,
            >> FLUME-1660 is now committed and it will be in 1.3.0. In
            the case where you
            >> are using 1.2.0, I suggest running with
            hdfs.rollInterval set so the files

            <mailto:juhani_conno...@cyberagent.co.jp>> wrote:

            >>> I am actually working on a patch for exactly this,
            refer to FLUME-1660

            >>> The patch is on review board right now, I fixed a
            corner case issue that
            >>> came up with unit testing, but the implementation is
            not really to my
            >>> satisfaction. If you are interested please have a look
            and add your opinion.

            --
            Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce -
            http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/