Addi wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

Addi wrote:

In order to really make my pitch to my boss to use Forrest I need to be able to use WordPerfect docs with it. WordPerfect does publish to XML, but using the DocBook DTD, not Simplified DocBook.

First of all, have you tried just using the simplified-docbook plugin? It will recognise the DTD and use the available stylesheets. For a lrge number of docbook files this produces good results.

Yes, I did try the s-docbook plugin and I have s-docbook documents rendering fine with it, but I get nothing when I use a docbook DTD. I had peeked at the s-docbook plugin files and it *looked* like it would do what I wanted since input.xmap had the docbook DTDs and the xsl had book and chapter elements, so I tried that first but it didn't give me anything when I built the site.

Verify that the documenttype output by WordPerfect is matched by the simplified-docbook plugin. If the documenttype does not appear in the list of recognised DTD's you will need to add it to the plugin. There are a few examples in there already (see output.xmap)

Ross