Addi wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

Addi wrote:

Ross Gardler wrote:

Addi wrote:

To skin the content you need to change the sitemap entry to to:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0";>
 <map:pipelines>
  <map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="resolver-*.xml">
    <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}resolver-{1}.xml"/>
    <map:transform

src="file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
    <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

I *think* this will work but I've not tried it. Pleae let us know how you get on, even if it doesn't work, I'll help you debug it because this is something we have come across before now and have hoped to test out.

Well, I modified the sitemap and it didn't like the change. I now get nothing with this:
   <map:pipelines>
     <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="**wp.xml">
       <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}wp.xml"/>
       <map:transform
src="file:///C:/xsl/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.68.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
       <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>
   </map:pipelines>

Comment out the second transform, what do you see when requesting "***wp.xml"

Did this and requesting **wp.xml with the first transform gives me de nada - blank, skinned page.

If the page is skinned then you did not request **wp.xml, you must have requested **wp.html. We need to verify that you are getting the docbook file as html then we need to work out why it is not succsefully being converted to an xdoc.

There is currently a bug in html2document that results in no content being displayed under certain conditions - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-394

I looked at this but I don't grasp it all enough for it to give me any insight.

I think what is happening is that the HTML produced by your docbook xsl is not being processed by the html2document.xsl because of the above bug. Once you can see your html output from the first phase we can confirm that this is/is not the case and proceed to solve the problem.

BTW, related but aside, I finally talked to Corel Priority WordPerfect support and they agreed that they have a typo in their output but it is hardcoded in the app so I can't hack it.

So I will need to edit each WP "publish to XML" file and add the missing slash. (I sense a script coming on...) I'm not sure if this is really worth patching Forrest for since WP use is probably pretty limited.

There is another alternative that may interest you, although it requires a little work. Recently I needed to include MS Word documents in a Forrest site. These documents were constantly being edited so it was not really an option to manually save them each time (often they were edited outside of the organsiation so there was no control over the save format).

The solution I came up with is a plugin that uses OpenOffice to convert the MS Word documents to OOo documents, then we use the OOo plugin to include them in the Forrest site. You could do the same thing for your WP documents.

The only problem is only OOo v2 has WP support so some changes to the generator may be needed to get the interaction with OOoV2 going.

The benefit is that you don't have to manually save files in an external format and you don't need to work around the docbook Doctype bug in WP.

The plugin is not available via Apache because the license of some of the libs is not compatible. However, I can make it available to you if you want me to. I intend to publish it soon, I just haven't got around to it yet.

Ross