Thorsten Scherler wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 14:50 -0400, Paterline, David L. wrote:

Hello -

I'm a new user of Forrest, and am investigating its use as an interface for
our online computer code documentation. Unfortunately, we will need two
different 'views' of the site - one for internal users and a second, more
restricted version for external users.

Simply put, there will be some information (some links) which we only wish
to show to our internal users.

I'm hoping to be able to generate these two views without duplicating
information, to minimize maintenance cost and errors.

So, my question is, can I somehow mark certain portions of the information,
then do two builds - one for internal, with "include=all" and one for
external with "exclude=somestuff"?

I am answering you because you said you are in the process of evaluating
forrest. What I am going to write is *not* fully included in the 0.7
release (it is in the whiteboard) but will hopefully go officially into
0.8.

Please, please, please can you provide an example or a brief document for this when you get the time. I have a use case that I would like to address in the next couple of weeks and was going to go with the two site.xml files and a request parameter to select between them. Since the site is views based I'd like to try out this new method.

Ross