Hi,

- As indicated in the folowing text coming from the given adress http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai,

- I put jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in the lib directory.

but the PNG image don't display in PDF.
- then from
http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/ , there is no more JimiProClasses.zip

What do I miss?

A second point, the PNG image printed with ie browser is OK, but from mozilla or firefox the back ground is black.

is there a known solution?

Paul

Extract from http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#pdf_images

2.8. Images don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?

Forrest uses Apache FOP for rendering PDFs. FOP cannot handle all image types natively, and requires third-party jars to be added. FOP natively handles BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF and EPS (with a few limitations). FOP can also handle SVG (via Batik!and PNG (see below). For details, see FOP Graphics formats

To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
1.
Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
2.
Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to $FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar.

Alternatively you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API at http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai). For more info, see FOP Graphics Packages

Note
Due to Sun's licensing, we cannot redistribute Jimi or JAI with Forrest.

----- Forwarded by Paul DIVINE/FR/ALCATEL on 21/07/2005 08:49 -----

Paul DIVINE

12/07/2005 11:16