Where have you put your images (PNG) that should show up
in the PDF?

I always get problems with images in PDF if they are not
below
   src\documentation\resources\images

You will find jimi1_0.zip at
  http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
The zip-file contains JimiProClasses.zip
(along other stuff).  (Checked that right now).

I never had problems with PNGs in firefox, you may need to
transform it from PNG to PNG with a graphicsprogramm (e.g.
http://www.irfanview.com/ does a good job).

Cheers
Johannes

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> - As indicated in the folowing text coming from the given adress
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai,
> - I put jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in the lib directory.
> but the PNG image don't display in PDF.
> - then from  _http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/_ , there is no more
> JimiProClasses.zip
>
> What do I miss?
>
> A second point, the PNG image printed with ie browser is OK, but from
> mozilla or firefox the back ground is black.
>
> is there a known solution?
>
> Paul
> *
> Extract from http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#pdf_images* *
> 2.8. Images don't display in PDFs. How do I fix this?*
>
> Forrest uses _Apache FOP_ <http://xml.apache.org/fop/> for rendering
> PDFs. FOP cannot handle all image types natively, and requires
> third-party jars to be added. FOP natively handles BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF
> and EPS (with a few limitations). FOP can also handle SVG (via Batik!and
> PNG (see below). For details, see _FOP Graphics formats_
> <http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html>
>
> To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
> 1.        Download Jimi from _http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/_
> 2.        Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to
> $FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar.
>
> Alternatively you can use JAI (Java Advanced Imaging API at
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai). For more info, see _FOP
> Graphics Packages_ <http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#packages>
>
> Note
> Due to Sun's licensing, we cannot redistribute Jimi or JAI with Forrest.
>

> ----- Forwarded by Paul DIVINE/FR/ALCATEL on 21/07/2005 08:49 -----
>       *Paul DIVINE*
>
> 12/07/2005 11:16
>

>        To:        Paul DIVINE/FR/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        cc:
>        Subject:        Re:  user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 image in
> PDF not displayed even with jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in
> ...\apache-forrest-0.7\lib\optional_Link_
> <Notes:///C12567B700621B18/38D46BF5E8F08834852564B500129B2C/EF1EB8F93587351DC125703B0048B530>
>

> Thanks for response
> I try also renamed  JimiProClasses.zip in jimi-1.0.jar and put it in
>
> D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.7\lib\optional
>
> The result is the same : no display
>
> Paul
>>

>> Has somebody the same problem, and already found a solution.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#pdf_images
>

> Hi,
> With the explanation given in
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#packages
> I download JAI on a PC with windows XP.
> Then I put jai_codec.jar and jai_core.jar in the lib directory.
>
> D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.7\lib\optional\jai_codec.jar
> D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.7\lib\optional\jai_core.jar
>
> Then when I display the pdf file from the "samples"/usemap
> [...]

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825
München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de