On 3/8/06, Thorsten Scherler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El mar, 07-03-2006 a las 19:02 -0500, Helena Edelson escribió:
> > Hi,
> > I have been running into a cache issue I think.
> > Even if I shutdown jetty, delete the cache, run forrest clean,
> > reboot my machine, restart jetty, run localhost in an new browser window
> > or even a different browser program,
> > changes to various xsl file I am working on are not reflected.
>
> Are you using custom pipes or as well the default pipes are working like
> this?
>
> Did you activated the profiling?
>
> > Somehow Jetty or something else holds on to an older iteration of the
> > xsl file.
>
> Wich version of forrest?
>
> > This has happened lately even with changes to xml data files, something
> > was holding onto
> > several iterations previous of the file's data.
> > Logs say nothing indicative except:
> > WARN    (2006-03-07) 18:28.40:136   [core.manager]
> > (/articles/photoessays/yosemite_sar.html)
> > PoolThread-4/CoreServiceManager: disposing of handler for unreleased
> > component. role
> > [org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ProcessorComponentInfo]
> >
> > Anyone have insight or solved this themselves?
> >

> Hmm, I had caching issues only with the lm and dispatcher when adding
> new contracts but nothing that a restart and build clean would not heal.

Thorsten, I'm sure you figured this out by now, but the other day when
I was playing around with dispatcher, I had to just turn lm caching
off in forrest.xconf and it sped the cycle up -- though slowed forrest
down in general;)

I'm hoping that this will be fixed by the end of Forrest Friday - in
playing with dispatcher, I realized what a pain it is.
--tim