On Mar 23, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Web Maestro Clay wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to an OpenOffice.org problem where it inconsistently styles lists. Here's a relevant snippet of the OpenOffice.org Writer's 'content.xml' file:

<snip>

NOTE: The above change was made to both of the following files: forrest/trunk/plugins/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/resources/ stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl forrest/trunk/build/plugins/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/resources/ stylesheets/openoffice-writer-to-forrest.xsl

Any ideas?

The OpenOffice styling system is tough to get a handle on. I may choose the style 'Heading 2', but it seems to be that if the style didn't come directly from the Forrest sample file in the Forrest plug- in directory (even if those styles have been 'loaded' into the current document via Styles Load [x] Overwrite), Forrest doesn't generate the style as expected.

I was able to workaround the list problem to some degree (95% effective) by selecting above and below the list area and applying the 'Default' paragraph style.

Unfortunately, I am having additional problems applying 'Heading x' styles. They get translated into <p class="Heading 2"> elements instead of <h2>:

I think the problem is that I'm starting from blank documents and importing the Forrest-related styles, rather than starting from the Forrest documents. I'm going to see about modifying OpenOffice.org startup system, so new documents are based on Forrest's 'openoffice- writer.sxw'.

One other relevant point, is that I'm using NeoOffice/J (a Mac OS X/ Java port of OpenOffice.org based on 1.1.5 which doesn't require X11).

Clay Leeds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet