Many thanks.

It seems that defining the two new directories of (source and
destination) and issuing the copy command, all within the
forrest.properties file failed to achieve what was intended, the
CONOPS_files directory was not created, let alone its associated files.

The following is added to the end of the forrest.properties file in my
new project directory
# fix the bug of failure to copy CONOPS_Files directory
# define project.site-keep-dir-src
project.site-keep-dir-src=src/documentation/CONOPS_files
## note, the above source directory and associated file DOES EXIST

# create the directory under a new site
 <mkdir dir="${project.site-dir}/process/modeling/CONOPS_files"/>
## note, the above command may be optional?

 # define project.site-keep-dir-des
<property name="project.site-keep-dir-des"
location="${project.build-dir}/${project.site}/process/modeling/CONOPS_f
iles"/>
## I'd like to try different ways to achieve the same thing, the above
## method to define a property is also acceptable, correct?

<copy failonerror="false" dir="${project.site-keep-dir-src}"
todir="${project.site-keep-dir-des}"/>

Before I separate the definitions/property settings from target command
I'd like to check with you first, the process runs for 45 minutes, I
would hope next try would get what I want.

Regards,