Mark Miller wrote:
> Steve,
>
> When you do 'forrest run' and have your site served by jetty - do you see
> images in your PDFs then?
>
> Where are you placing your images in the src file structure? What type of
> file image are you trying to include? Just wondering if you have a more
> general issue than what you describe.

Good questions Mark. We need to know if it works in 'forrest run'.

Also see the demo in the forrest seed sample site. Try building
and deploying its WAR. There are some general issues with
placement of source images.

More below ...

> Steve Odlind wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am hoping you can help me with a Forrest/Tomcat problem.
> >
> > I am running Forrest 0.8, and am trying to deploy a WAR file on Tomcat.
> > The problem is that PDFs get stripped of their images, and only text is
> > displayed.
> >
> > I can't get PDFs to display at all by deploying the Webapp on Tomcat. I
> > have read http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-735, and followed the
> > advice, but cannot get PDFs to be displayed at all.

FOR-735 was closed prior to 0.8 release, so that should be fine.

> > So, is there an update to this already-known-problem? I am half of the way
> > there with WAR files, I just need to get the images displayed as well.

You don't say, but have you followed the FAQ:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#pdf_images
... but i suppose you would have or images would
also be missing in 'forrest run' mode.

-David