toby cabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/02/2005 04:04:01 AM:

<snip>

> 2. From mailing list traffic I've seen it looks as if the source
> releases are broken (at least the tarballs), and they're definitely
> obsolete and unmaintained, so why not just get rid of them entirely?
> People who are interested in the code would be *much* better served by
> getting it from source control.

<snip>

On the topic of the mailing lists...

Around Sept 2004, I raised an issue that dev mail list archive search
functionality is not working.  I sent a mail to infrastructure and got no
response.  I raised an infrastructure JIRA issue and got no response.

For people new to the project, one of the first things they will want to
do is be able to search for messages on certain topics.  When one does a
search for a common term, such as EJB and only sees results from 2003,
they could be forgiven for thinking not much is happening.  If you search
for GBeans you will get no results in the search.

Does anyone have contacts with the right people to get this fixed?

Thanks,

John