Thanks for trying to help!

I did start it with the "startup.sh". And afterwards I sign off the
user. And everything works fine. (I think that means Mr. G is running
in the background). Until, of course, the next day.

I am also wondering if there is some "killer" in the OS that runs and
kill some processes everyday if it thinks the process is somehow not
good. But I checked the "services" checklist that comes with Fedora -
nothing I can think of that'd do this. Is there any "known killer"
like that?

Thanks again,
Qingtian