Thanks, I got it in "messages"!!!

-----------
Jan 19 06:39:04 localhost kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 28274 (java).
-----------

Well, now at least I know it's some memory issue. I wonder whether
this means the OS runs out of memory, or just the Java VM.

Here's what I see in the geronimo console about "Server Info":

--------------
Kernel
Kernel Boot Time        Thu Jan 19 20:52:34 CST 2006
Kernel Up Time
3 days 37 minutes 12 seconds

JVM
Java Version    1.4.2_10
Java Vendor     Sun Microsystems Inc.
Node    localhost/127.0.0.1
Current Memory Used
37.89 MB
Most Memory Used
39.93 MB
Total Memory Allocated
63.56 MB
Available Processors    1

Does this mean, when the memory demanded to run the apps in the
container exceeds the "total allocated", the VM dies by itself, or OS
kills the Java process because memory is out for the entire OS? (I
have 512M ram, and 2G disk swap on this Linux PC.)

Thanks!!!
Qingtian