Hack, Hack, Hack ... Yes I have been hacking away =) I may have made some progress (or regression not sure) Quickly let me answer an earlier question.

What exactly do you mean by "web service"? Is this a jaxrpc web service deployed with all the required j2ee 1.4 xml files such as the jaxrpc mapping file?

Yes it is a jaxrpc web service complete with mapping file, webservices.xml, and wsdl. The webservice is implemented with a generic web service servlet that somehow delegates to the Stateless Session Bean that is in the _EJB.jar.

Let me recap what I have (and thanks for the previous tips, I think they have moved me forward somewhat)

geronimo-application.xml
--------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application application-name="FrancePolicyServerEar"
             xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1";
             xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1";
             xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>
 <sys:environment>
   <sys:moduleId>
     <sys:groupId>france</sys:groupId>
     <sys:artifactId>FrancePolicyServerEar</sys:artifactId>
     <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
     <sys:type>car</sys:type>
   </sys:moduleId>
   <sys:dependencies>
     <sys:dependency>
     <sys:groupId>geronimo</sys:groupId>
     <sys:artifactId>axis</sys:artifactId>
     <sys:type>car</sys:type>
     </sys:dependency>
   </sys:dependencies>
   <sys:hidden-classes/>
   <sys:non-overridable-classes/>
 </sys:environment>
</application>

I created an open-ejb.jar plan and included that in the _EJB.jar under META-INF. Here is its contents
<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1";>
<dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>
   <dep:moduleId>
     <dep:groupId>qdfrancepolicy.</dep:groupId>
     <dep:artifactId>FrancePolicyServverEjb</dep:artifactId>
     <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
     <dep:type>car</dep:type>
   </dep:moduleId>
   <dep:dependencies>
     <dep:dependency>
       <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>tomcat</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:dependency>
   </dep:dependencies>
   <dep:hidden-classes/>
   <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
 </dep:environment>
 <enterprise-beans>
   <session>
     <ejb-name>FrancePolicyServer</ejb-name>
     <jndi-name>qdfrancepolicy.FrancePolicyHome</jndi-name>
   </session>
 </enterprise-beans>
</openejb-jar>

I also took the suggestion to remove my geronimo-web.xml from the WAR and did that. Now I am getting this Exception

Look at the Caused By Exception

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to initialize EJBContainer GBean: ejbNameFrancePolicyServer at org.openejb.deployment.SessionBuilder.addEJBContainerGBean(SessionBuilder.java:315) at org.openejb.deployment.SessionBuilder.buildBeans(SessionBuilder.java:192) at org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBuilder.java:514) at org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$11bd7b20.invoke(<generated>)
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.blazesoft.server.deploy.ejb.session.NdStatelessEjbServerBean

This class is in a Jar included in the Ear. This is where I am a REAL newb when it comes to EJB/WebServices so please bear with me. I do not know how the classpath for an application involving so many pieces gets comprised. I assume there is a classpath issue within my ear structure. Although it looks like it is trying to create GBeans for my EjbBeans and needs the class it cannot find to complete the instrumentation. Below is my heirarchy of the ear including the Manifests for each archive. Since a tool built this heirarchy and it supposedly works well in WAS 6.0 I assume there is something in the geronimo specific plans I need to add or do to link up things for the classpath to be correct.

Again thanks for the help given and any to come!!!

Layout for FrancePolicyServer.ear
---------------------------------
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/application.xml
META-INF/ibm-application-bnd.xmi
META-INF/ibm-application-ext.xmi
AdvCommon.jar
AdvisorSvr.jar
FrancePolicyServer_EJB.jar
FrancePolicyServer_WEB.war
InnovatorRT.jar
jaxen.jar
license.jar

Manifest for EAR
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 2.3 (IBM Corporation)
Built-By: Blaze Advisor Quick Deployer

Layout for FrancePolicyServer_EJB.jar
-------------------------------------
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
com/
com/capecomputing/
com/capecomputing/france/
com/capecomputing/france/webservice/
com/capecomputing/france/webservice/FrancePolicyIF.class
com/capecomputing/france/webservice/FrancePolicyIFHome.class
com/capecomputing/france/webservice/FrancePolicyIF_RI.class
com/capecomputing/france/webservice/FrancePolicyServiceSoapBindingImpl.class
META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/ibm-webservices-bnd.xmi
META-INF/ibm-webservices-ext.xmi
META-INF/jaxrpc-mapping.xml
META-INF/openejb-jar.xml
META-INF/webservices.xml
META-INF/wsdl/
META-INF/wsdl/FrancePolicyService.wsdl
qdfrancepolicy/
qdfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyBean.class
qdfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyBusiness.class
qdfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyHome.class
qdfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyIF.class
qdfrancepolicy/FrancePolicyRemote.class

MANIFEST for EJB
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 2.3 (IBM Corporation)
Class-Path: AdvCommon.jar Advisor.jar AdvisorSvr.jar InnovatorRT.jar
license.jar jaxen.jar
Built-By: Blaze Advisor Quick Deployer
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0

Layout for WAR