Doug Lochart wrote:

From the previous error I think that you have declared the ejb as an ejb web service and geronimo is recognizing that and deploying the stuff needed to hook it up as a web service, independent of the generic web service servlet. If you don't need the war for any other reason I would try removing it, or at least removing the generic web service servlet. This shouldn't change any behavior but should simplify what we need to look at.

I will do that next to at least try and narrow this thing down.
Also Vamsi's comments jogged my memory-- I think in early versions of geronimo you had to add the axis and perhaps tomcat dependencies yourself, although we eventually got the web service deployers to do it for you. You may be using one of these earlier versions.

It turns out that IBM WAS CE deploys with Geronimo 1-0 with M5 ibm patches) So maybe that is why I have to add the dependencies for Tomcat and Axis.
Hi Doug,
I take this to mean your using CE 1.0? Uugh... if that's the case, it's past time for you to upgrade :-)

Find CE 1.1.0.1 (based on Apache Geronimo 1.1.1 or very nearly so) here:
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/websphere/download.php

See the CHANGES file in the root install directory for a list of patches that went into CE 1.1.0.1.

Keep an eye out for CE 1.1.0.2, it should become available in a few weeks.
Bill