I'm having the exact same issue. I've spent 2 days looking around and there
is no examples or documentations available for a Remote openejb client
accessing an EJB on Geronimo 2.

Anybody have an EAR for Geronimo2 and an Openejb-Client app accessing it?

The Exception I get =
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /TheBean does not exist in the system.
Check that the app was successfully deployed.

I've tried the following for InitialContext.lookup =
(artifactid)/(TheBean)/(TheInterface)
(artifactid)/(Interface)
(ejbBean)/(Interface)
(artifactid)/(TheBean)/(Full Path to Interface)
...and many more variations of this

My EJB Interface =

@Remote
public interface TheInterface {

My Bean =
@Stateless
public class TheBean implements TheInterface {

Anybody get this to work or have examples, please post.