This is yet another case of the samples code being only in a zip file
attached to the wiki and not in the svn.

Meanwhile, here's a maven tip. If you can get a good build done while
attached to the internet, use "mvn -o" while building offline. This
will let you play with the code while not messing the contents in your
local repo.

I'll download that samples and see what's going on with it.

Cheers
Prasad