On 9/27/07, dbrenck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> prasad wrote:
> >
> > The schemas are here
> > http://geronimo.apache.org/xml-schemas.html
> >
> > Please bear with us while we fix this and other samples and move the code
> > to svn.
> >
> > Cheers Prasad
> >

> As I'm no native english speaker, I'm not really sure about how to
> "interpret" "please bear with us...".
> Your replies do perfectly help me, so I'm absolutely happy :-)

You may interpret "please bear with us" as "sorry about the glitches
in the sample. Please tolerate this till we fix this soon."

I am not a native English speaker either. So please bear with my writing :-)

> Besides I checked your schema link:
>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v20-xml-schemas.html
>
> The first table says:
>
> Module Type | Geronimo Schema | Preferred Java EE Schema
> EJB (JAR)      |http:/.../openejb-jar-2.1 | ejb-jar_3_0.xsd
>
> Does this mean 'geronimo' can operate on an 'ejb-jar 3.0' descriptor instead
> of an 'openejb-jar-2.1'?

Try to understand it this way. Your ejb-jar.xml may conform to the
latest ejb-jar-3.0.xsd while your openejb-jar.xml may better conform
to the openejb-jar-21.xsd. The former is the javaee5 descriptor while
the latter is the OpenEJB specific descriptor.

> ... just like I mentioned before: sorry if my questions are nooby ;-)

No, they are fine. We are all constantly learning here.