hello,

first thank you, with the help of your article i was able to deploy it and
my application is able to create an entity manager.

unfortunately i am stuck with another error now when i want to persist an
entity bean to the database:

[exec] <1.0.0-r561970-r561970 nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: No registered metadata
for type "class vt.bean.entity.Director".

my persistence.xml now looks like this:

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";
             version="1.0">
  <persistence-unit name="valhalla" transaction-type="JTA">
    <description>videothek</description>

    <jar-file>videothek.jar</jar-file>
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Person</class>
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Actor</class>
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Director</class>
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Movie</class>
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Dvd</class> ->
    <exclude-unlisted-classes />
    <properties>

      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="postgres"/>
      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="false"/>
    </properties>
    <jta-data-source>jdbc/postgres</jta-data-source>
    <non-jta-data-source>jdbc/postgres</non-jta-data-source>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

according to this in my opinion the "Director" entity bean should be
registered. or do i have to mention it in another deployment descriptor too
(e.g. openejb-jar.xml?)

thanks for your help,

mario