On Jan 16, 2008 9:17 AM, the666pack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> so the problem was, that in my application (which was first deployed on
> jboss) i have a 1:n relation between Directors and Movies. this relation i
> was modelling by an @ManyToOne annotation in Movie and a @OneToMany relation
> in Director (i don't really know why). this was accepted by jboss but in
> geronimo i got some error and when i finally pinpointed the error to the
> annotation i simply commented out the annotation... leaving the
> Collection<Movie> as attribute in the Director.

Ah, that makes sense. I need to sharpen my skills up while dealing
with such jpa mapping errors. It should be easily reproducible in
openjpa (that's the default jpa provider in geronimo). I think the
error should be different though similar to "No @ManyToOne annotation
on the reverse side of the many-to-one relation" or alike. If I manage
to reproduce it I'll report an enhancement in openjpa jira.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl