Hi Sekhar, is it the Geronimo Eclipse plugin that is not packaging the EAR correctly ?? Or is it just Eclipse proper not packaging the EAR correctly when you try to export your project(s) ?? If you're using the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin I'd like to find out why it's not working as it should be. Would you be able to email me your workspace (I know you mentioned it was 20mb) ?? Thanks much

gersek wrote:
Kevan,
   THANKS for your suggestions and findings.  I was able to deploy the
application after repackaging ear lib.  For some reason eclipse is not
packaging EAR correctly.

Thanks
Sekhar

Kevan Miller wrote:

Your ClassNotFoundException is causing the deploy to hang. The fact that the deploy is never completing is a Geronimo bug -- see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3767

Rather than using the console, you could use the command line tool to deploy your app:

cd bin\
deploy deploy ResolverEAR.ear

you'd be able to kill this process using ctrl-c.

Getting to the heart of the matter -- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/framework/common/exception/FrameworkDAOException

The problem is that your lib jar files are not in the 'lib/' directory of your EAR. They are in the base directory of the EAR. If you move them into 'lib/', then your problem should be fixed.

I'm not sure how to convince Eclipse to do this for you. We've got some good Eclipse users/developers hanging around. Hopefully, they'll get you up and running.

FYI, I just repackaged your EAR with the jar files moved into lib/ and your app deploys without a problem...

--kevan

Tim McConnell