To explain further maxSessions and maxMessagesPerSessions activation
config properties are 10 by default and so is the MdbContainer
instanceLimit. maxMessagePerSessions is actually the prefetch size and
maxSessions is the no of parallel sessions. In case you want to use
maxMessagesPerSessions as 1 i.e fetch only 1 message from queue at a
time for a listener then you need to set maxSession also as 1 and it
will process all the messages albeit sequentially. I am not sure why
maxSessions and maxMessagesPerSessions should always be the same for
the Mdbs to work but i guess it is something AMQ related.