I am also having this issue.  In tomcat I just needed a log4j.xml in my
classpath, however geronimo seems to ignore it.

The only solution I've found is to have Spring configure log4j through the
web.xml but that takes over all logging in geronimo.  I need to have
separate logging for each of my web apps.

Has anyone figured out a way to get this working?