On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM, ApolloX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I discovered I could set the default jpa properties previously mentioned for
>  the server by adding them to the jpa persistence section in the server's
>  config xml file.  I think where I was most confused is that it wasn't clear
>  to me that with CMP2 in G2.1, the ultimate controller of persistence was
>  jpa.

Ah, you're right. That's the place for global configuration. Thanks
for noticing it.

>  Where does openejb fit into the architecture?  I see numerous calls all by
>  openejb in the log files.  When I see a call to a finder method by openejb
>  does that means its going to the database, or it could be using data from
>  the cache?

Look at OpenEJB CMP2 support as a wrapper to JPA infrastructure which
is currently based on OpenJPA. OpenEJB know nothing about
persistence.xml and other jpa configuration files. So, effectively if
you want to see what's going on behind the scene just trace openjpa
with appropriate setting in persistence.xml. That should work this way
- if it doesn't it could be a bug.

You might benefit from using <property name="openjpa.Log"
value="DefaultLevel=WARN,SQL=TRACE"/> in persistence.xml. See other
settings of openjpa at
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/ref_guide_conf_openjpa.html.

Jacek

--