On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:00 AM, CG wrote:

Hi all,
 I have solved my this problem (still using java 1.6_04) , i removed
the j2ee.jar which I added earlier in Add external JAR (because I
cannot get javax.ejb resolved earlier) .
  After removing , the server starts , and seems working fine. I can
access the console using localhost:8080
and manage to log on using system / manager .

However, in a short while (about 30seconds) , the geronimo
automatically shutdown itself. It does not happen if I start from
terminal. This is really a headache  >.<

Glad you found your problem...

So on the "Console" tab in Eclipse do you see the following?

  Web Applications:
    /
    /CAHelper
    /activemq
    /console
    /console-base
    /debug-views
    /dojo
    /dojo/0.4
    /juddi
    /monitoring
    /plan-creator
    /plugin
    /remote-deploy
    /system-database

Geronimo Application Server started

And on the "Servers" tab is the server marked as "Started" or "Starting"?

--kevan