I think some of your jars have manifest classpath entries that are wrong and were ignored in g 1.1.1. I would advise removing all manifest classpath entries from all the jars and using the javaee 5 ear lib feature to get them into your classpath. I realize this may involve modifying 3rd party jars (oro?) to remove manifest classpath entries that, well, shouldn't be there.

BTW other people have spent a lot of time on dead ends with this kind of problem because they made unwarranted assumptions about what the manifests actually are. Be sure to look in the actual artifacts you are deploying, not something you think is being built into them. I use emacs for this which lets me open multiple levels of jar structured archives and look at the files inside.

We could look into providing a flag for lenient mfcp evaluation..... I'd put it in the geronimo plan. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3316