Hi All,

I am trying to create a servlet filter to monitor the requests on my web
application.

I would like to record the URI and query string and I have accomplished
this without any problems. But when I added code to log the posted data
this results in some problems.

I read the posted data from the input stream of the request and copy
these contents to file. So far so good. But when my web application code
is executing it is missing all the data from the post in the parameter
map returned by the getParameterMap() function on the request, I suspect
because I have read all the data from the input stream of the request.

I tried to solve it by calling the doFilter on the chain with a wrapper
request with a custom getInputStream method where I return my own
servlet inputstream containing the data I had read from the original
inputstream, but the getInpustream is never called on my wrapper.

Can anyone provide me with some insight how to accomplish such a logging
and what I am doing wrong in the structure above ?

Kind regards,
Marco Laponder