One thing to keep in mind while setting the instance limit. I just
tried it out in trunk in config.xml

 <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car">
<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.system.properties.SystemProperties"
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=CustomPropertiesGBean">
<attribute
name="systemProperties">Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar.TestingJMS-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=100</attribute>
</gbean>
    </module>

Here notice the name of the Mdb container. It is actually in the
format $moduleName.$shortName-javax.jms.MessageListener where
$moduleName is the name of the resource adapter module the mdb is
using i.e Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar and the shortName in this case is
the value of the resourceadapter-name property in the RA plan i.e.
TestingJMS. So the property can be set as
containerName.propertyName=propertyValue or
Apache/TestingJMS/1/rar.TestingJMS-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=100

Regards
Manu