Hi jsmch,

As I mentioned in a reply to Doug Reeder I think you have to use the activemq jndi context documented here: http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html for non ee clients.

Hope this helps
david jencks

On Oct 30, 2008, at 10:01 AM, jsmch wrote:

Hi djencks,

i´ve answered directly to you instead of answering in the forum - this was a
kind of failure.
(Perhaps you didn´t recognized that a message was sent to you directly -
sorry :wistle:)

I´m using a Server-side kernel that has to be contacted by client- apps that
also have to share the JMS-Services (TopicConnectionFactory, Topics,
Queues). But read what i tried to ask you ;-):

I´ve answered  and wrote the follwing (original thread was
http://www.nabble.com/Get-Access-to-a-ConnectionFactory-Topic-through-JNDI-td20206935s134.html) :
==========================
hi and thank you for your answer.

I really think that youŽre right.
The application consists of an server-application that provides a number of
EJBs for accessing a service.
Through this EJBs you have the possibility to login into the application,
send messages and so on.

For message-handling there have to be 3 Topics, accessable through jndi. The clients need to read from this topics, but they are outside geronimo.
They just get access to it through jndi-lookup.

First step is to make a lookup to get the ejbs - this works fine, because
ejbs have jndi-names to be accessable from outside (through
Properties p1;
p1.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
p1.put("java.naming.provider.url",
"localhost:4201");//tcp://localhost:61616//ejbd://localhost:4201
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p1);
chatClient = ctx.lookup("ChatClientRemote");

==> I need the same possibility for getting access to topics and surely the
TopicConnectionFactory. The client need to make a lookup to get them
(doesnŽt he?)
But in Geronimo i only have found the possibility to "Create a new JMS
Resource Group" in the JMS Resouces-menu.
This donŽt seems to be very helpful because - as i think you say - these
"Objects" are only available for internal use of Geronimo.
How may i install such - as you say - activemy property file configured jndi? Is this really what i need for this? Do you have any precise sources
where i may look how to install something like this?

Thank you very much for further help

johannes schmidt