Hi Tim,

I setup my project using maven car-maven-plugin (i.e. I looked at the sample
calculator). To create eclipse plugin I ran the command

mvn -Dwtpversion=1.5 eclipse:eclipse

and then import the newly created eclipse project into eclipse IDE. However,
it seems that my eclipse GEP does not know how that those projects are
geronimo J2EE projects.

Can you start from the geronimo  sample (bank, calculator...) and show us
how to import those sample into eclipse IDE, run a debug with WTP local
server....

Thanks

-B

Tim McConnell wrote:

> Hi bongosdude, in the Trunk and 2.1.4 versions of the GEP there has been a
> lot to
> work to support Geronimo server plugins and custom assembles. Some of
> these
> capabilities have been documented below. You should be able to do all your
> development in the GEP and not have to maintain dual environments. From
> the GEP
> you'll be able to create custom server assemblies and export your Eclipse
> J2EE
> projects as Geronimo plugins. Could you read the following and comment on
> whether
> this meets your needs ?? If not, we need to determine what doesn't meet
> your
> needs and analyze according. Thanks again.
>
> ----->
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/convert-applications-into-plugins-using-gep.html
>
> bongosdude wrote:
>> I have learned quite a lot for the last two weeks about Geronimo.
>> Developing
>> J2EE applications has so many aspects and setting up environment for
>> development, QA and deployment are 3 main areas that really concerns any
>> J2EE developers. I have followed steps by steps of many GEP samples and
>> tutorials through GEP eclipse plugin. Then I just learned last week from
>> this forum on how to setup J2EE projects with Maven using
>> car-maven-plugin.
>> I felt very confident toward Geronimo as my next J2EE platform. Today I
>> would hope that someone can give me some guidance again on how to make
>> GEP
>> works with car-maven-plugin
>>
>> 1. I have successfully setup my J2EE projects by mimicking and looking at
>> geronimo sample calculator. I have successfully deployed my project
>> tomcat
>> plugin to my local geronimo server. I love maven and its dependency
>> management.
>>
>> 2. However, now GEP does not know that my project is targeted for
>> geronimo
>> local server. I can go to each of my sub project (war, ejb) and turn on
>> its
>> project facets and runtime settings for geronimo. But it is quite tedious
>> and that also means that I have to take care of two environments: GEP vs.
>> car-maven-plugin
>>
>> So my question is: "While it is good to setup maven J2EE using
>> car-maven-plugin which is quite helpful for more real J2EE projects,
>> developer would still love to use eclipse IDE to develop, test through
>> GEP?
>> Can car-maven-plugin be able to generate eclipse metadata to target its
>> sub
>> projects for geronimo runtime?"
>>

>> Thanks again for any helps.
>>
>> -B