Tim,

I would like to rephrase my question: How can I do to import the samples
calculator into eclipse IDE and use GEP to debug, deploy and test?
(repository at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.1.2)?

I can use maven outside eclipse to build, install the sample to local
repository and deploy from console or from gshell. But I still do not know
how I can import samples / projects that are set up with car-maven-plugin
into eclipse?

Thanks
-B

bongosdude wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I setup my project using maven car-maven-plugin (i.e. I looked at the
> sample calculator). To create eclipse plugin I ran the command
>
> mvn -Dwtpversion=1.5 eclipse:eclipse
>
> and then import the newly created eclipse project into eclipse IDE.
> However, it seems that my eclipse GEP does not know how that those
> projects are geronimo J2EE projects.
>
> Can you start from the geronimo  sample (bank, calculator...) and show us
> how to import those sample into eclipse IDE, run a debug with WTP local
> server....
>
> Thanks
>
> -B
>
> Tim McConnell wrote:
>>
>> Hi bongosdude, in the Trunk and 2.1.4 versions of the GEP there has been
>> a lot to
>> work to support Geronimo server plugins and custom assembles. Some of
>> these
>> capabilities have been documented below. You should be able to do all
>> your
>> development in the GEP and not have to maintain dual environments. From
>> the GEP
>> you'll be able to create custom server assemblies and export your Eclipse
>> J2EE
>> projects as Geronimo plugins. Could you read the following and comment on
>> whether
>> this meets your needs ?? If not, we need to determine what doesn't meet
>> your
>> needs and analyze according. Thanks again.
>>
>> ----->
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/convert-applications-into-plugins-using-gep.html
>>
>> bongosdude wrote:
>>> I have learned quite a lot for the last two weeks about Geronimo.
>>> Developing
>>> J2EE applications has so many aspects and setting up environment for
>>> development, QA and deployment are 3 main areas that really concerns any
>>> J2EE developers. I have followed steps by steps of many GEP samples and
>>> tutorials through GEP eclipse plugin. Then I just learned last week from
>>> this forum on how to setup J2EE projects with Maven using
>>> car-maven-plugin.
>>> I felt very confident toward Geronimo as my next J2EE platform. Today I
>>> would hope that someone can give me some guidance again on how to make
>>> GEP
>>> works with car-maven-plugin
>>>
>>> 1. I have successfully setup my J2EE projects by mimicking and looking
>>> at
>>> geronimo sample calculator. I have successfully deployed my project
>>> tomcat
>>> plugin to my local geronimo server. I love maven and its dependency
>>> management.
>>>
>>> 2. However, now GEP does not know that my project is targeted for
>>> geronimo
>>> local server. I can go to each of my sub project (war, ejb) and turn on
>>> its
> [...]

-----
B Amigo:super: