You haven't provided enough info for us to do more than guess.

What class(es) are not compiling?
What relationship do these classes have to javax.resource.spi.security?
What are the dependencies of your maven project?

btw that package is supplied by

            <dependency>
<artifactId>geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec</ artifactId>
                <version>2.0.0</version>
            </dependency>