On Jan 11, 2009, at 8:53 PM, axiez wrote:

I added the following dependency to pom.xml:
   <dependency>

<uri>org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec/1.0.1/geronimo- ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar</uri>
   </dependency>
Error message when I tried to compile it:
Parse error reading POM. Unrecognized tag: 'uri

that's not legal xml for maven. What I do is copy the dependency I want from the dependencyManagement section where the version is specified and remove the line with the version. For more info on maven I recommend the sonatype book:

http://books.sonatype.com/maven-book/reference/public-book.html

but you shouldn't need to read it to make a simple build work.

david jencks