David,

I figured out part of my problems by looking at Bank/Caculator samples. Bank
tomcat/jetty plugins depend on the sample sample-datasource
(sample-datasource.car). So it gave me how to create plan.xml for my
datasource connector.  The build was now successful but with exception as
below:

Can you show me how can I build gbean for my persistence unit that I defined
in persistence.xml. I could not find out how it can be done with the sample
bank/calculator.

INFO] Started deployer:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa10-deployer/2.1.2/car
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not resolve reference
at deploy time for query
?name=persistence/CallingCardUsersUnit#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
No GBeans found.
        at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.checkForGBean(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:205)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.buildNaming(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:119)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.addEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:321)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.buildEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:286)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EjbModuleBuilder.java:764)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)

djencks wrote:

> Where exactly is the persistence.xml in your ear?
>
> BTW if you use auto-create tables or openjpa "sequences" you almost
> certainly need a non-jta-datasource as well, and it should really not
> have transactions enabled.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 18, 2009, at 2:52 PM, bongosdude wrote:
>

>> in my EJB module, I have created a persistence.xml as below:
>> <persistence-unit name="CallingCardUsersUnit"        transaction-type="JTA">
>>              <description>CallingCardUserJPA</description>
>>
>> <provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</
>> provider>
>>              <jta-data-source>callingcard_users</jta-data-source>
>>              <class>com.mycom.services.svc.model.entity.users.User</class>
>>
>> <class>com.mycom.services.xvc.model.entity.users.UserRole</class>
>>              <properties>
>>                      <property name="openjpa.log" value="SQL=TRACE" />
>>              </properties>
>>      </persistence-unit>
>> </persistence>
>>
>> When I build my project using maven2 (i.e. mvn clean install), all
>> build
>> succeeded except when it builds jetty/tomcat plugin with the following
>> error:
>>
>> How can I setup jetty/tomcat plugin plan.xml with a persistence unit
>> that I
>> defined in persistence.xml?
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> -B
>>
>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not resolve
>> reference
>> at deploy time for query
>> ?name=persistence/
>> CallingCardUsersUnit
>> #org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
>> No GBeans found.
>>      at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .geronimo
>> .persistence
>> .builder
>> .PersistenceContextRefBuilder
>> .checkForGBean(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:205)
>>      at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .geronimo
>> .persistence
>> .builder
>> .PersistenceContextRefBuilder
>> .buildNaming(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:119)
>>      at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .geronimo
>> .j2ee
>> .deployment
>> .NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
>>      at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .geronimo
>> .openejb
>> .deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.addEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:321)
> [...]

-----
B Amigo:super: