djencks wrote:

>> So, even if it cannot be used as OTS, can the Geronimo Transaction
>> service
>> be used from outside of Geronimo?
>
> Geronimo TM just does xa but does not try to do OTS.  It does do
> transaction import so the main obstacle to distributed xa transactions
> (i..e. more than one transaction manager participating in a tx) is the
> lack of a transport mechanism between tms.

Well, sorry, I mis-formulated, by "outside of Geronimo" I meant using the TM
running in Geronimo over the network to control data base operations in
another process.

So, I guess one would need an OTS transport mechanism. Do you think it would
be difficult to expose the Geronimo TM as OTS service?

djencks wrote:

> trunk includes j2ca connector 1.6 spec code which doesn't really alter
> the tm at all but has some other nice features.

Do you mean Transaction Inflow (cited in the slides linked here:
http://blogs.sun.com/sivakumart/entry/java_ee_connector_1_6) ?

Thanks very much for you explanations,
Juergen