You should use deploy command or hot deploy(just copy your app to deloy
folder like in tomcat)  to deploy  your application following
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/deploying-and-undeploying-applications.html

And in geronimo, tomcat is in
$your_geronimo_install_Dir\repository\org\apache\tomcat

Your web app structure seems fine(geronimo web app structure same as tomcat,
just an extra geronimo-web.xml. which is geronimo specific deployment plan),
i recommend your can use Geronimo Eclipse plugin in eclipse to simplify your
develop work, you can install GEP follwoing
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html,
and how to develop in it follwoing
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-use-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html#HowtoUseGeronimoEclipsePlugin-DeployRunUndeployandRedeployanApplication.

You can find out more help from Geronimo 2.1 doc link:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ in your development process.

Your

I think whether