Quintin Beukes-2 wrote:

> Are you referring to the connector framework of Tomcat? Frankly I
> don't see how you can't do what you want with Geronimo+Tomcat.

Hi Quintin,

That is what I tried to do a few months ago. What I tried to do is build my
own custom protocol handler within Tomcat itself. However the problem I
faced here was that the CoyoteAdapter class provided by tomcat handled all
request objects as HttpRequests. I had started a thread about this on the
Tomcat Nabble Forum here:
http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-Custom-Connector-tc17620116.html (the last
entry). On that thread no one answered if I could create my own adapter and
if I could configure Tomcat to use this adapter together with the
CoyoteAdapter it already has.

Unfortunately that has been some time ago and what was clear back then is a
little bit foggy now. However I am more then happy to check the code again
and try to understand it should it be necessary.