From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jen...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:48 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does Geronimo Eclipse Plugin support hot deployment

class >> definitely not, our classloader doesn't support hot reloading
of classes.
jsp >> not sure.  I'm not sure how the eclipse plugin works.  If you
figure out where geronimo is loading the jsps from then you can edit
them there and they will be reloaded by jasper.  However this is
unlikely to be where you are editing them in eclipse.  It is possible
that if GEP is using "in place deployment" cleverly enough this would
actually be the eclipse workspace....

On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Lisa Dony wrote:

> I'm using eclipse and geronimo 2.2 plug-in.  I created a small
> dynamic web
> app running in geronimo.   I have the Apache Geronimo 2.2 Publishing
> settings set to "Automatically publish when resource change".  If I'm
> running my dynamic web app in debug mode in eclipse, and if  I make
> a change
> to a class or jsp in my eclipse workspace, the whole application is
> getting
> republished.  Is there some setting in for geromino/eclipse to just
> replace
> the class or jsp that was changed?
>
> --

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail
(email) transmission (including attachments), is intended by MCLANE ADVANCED
TECHNOLOGIES for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
protected as a trade secret. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt
by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee(s). If you have
received this email in error, please delete it (including attachments) and any
copies thereof without printing, copying or forwarding it, and notify the
sender of the error by email reply immediately.