On Mar 8, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Russell Collins wrote:

> Thank you for the response.  I am using Geronimo 2.2.  The alias.properties
> file has “.car” entries instead of “.jar” entries.  Are the instructions the
> same?
>
> I have org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car ->
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2/car .  Should this be
>
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car ->
> org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

No. You want to leave the existing aliases along. car is a "configuration
archive" which is Geronimo specific. By default, we only provide car to car
aliasing in the file, but you can alias jar files, also. The car artifact that
you reference is the Geronimo OpenJPA configuration archive. You want to leave
that alone. Instead, you want to instruct Geronimo that whenever it looks for
an OpenJPA 1.2.1 jar file, to look for a 1.2.2 jar file instead.

The following might work on 2.2 (leaving off the source version number would
not work on 2.1.x):

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa//jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

The following should work:

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

--kevan