I want to secure my SOAP webservice with basic authentication. I searched in
the knowledgebase and found this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxKB/how-do-i-enable-security-for-ejb-web-service.html

So I tried and added that to my configuration, this is part my
openejb-jar.xml

<ejb:enterprise-beans>
  <ejb:session>
    <ejb:ejb-name>loggers-rpc</ejb:ejb-name>
    <ejb:web-service-security>
      <ejb:security-realm-name>geronimo-admin</ejb:security-realm-name>
      <ejb:transport-guarantee>NONE</ejb:transport-guarantee>
      <ejb:auth-method>BASIC</ejb:auth-method>
      <ejb:http-method>POST</ejb:http-method>
      <ejb:http-method>PUT</ejb:http-method>
    </ejb:web-service-security>
  </ejb:session>
</ejb:enterprise-beans>

It gave me an error "Ejb app has method permissions but no security
configuration supplied in geronimo plan", so after searching around for a
while i found an answer (this should be mentioned and explained in that same
wiki page), so i added the following to openejb-jar.xml:

<sec:security>
  <sec:role-mappings>
    <sec:role role-name="admin">
      <sec:principal name="admin"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"/>
    </sec:role>
  </sec:role-mappings>
</sec:security>

and added the following to my service:

@Stateless
@RolesAllowed("admin")
public class RegisterBean extends BaseService implements Register {
}

The service deploys well, when I try to call it (using the soapui generic
client) it with no user/password it fails (as it should), but when I use
username/password it also fails. I don't know what Im missing. Can anyone
give me any ideas?